Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Whenever I May Find Her...

What a dream I had...pressed in organdy, clothed in crinoline of smoky burgundy softer than the rain.

I wandered empty streets down past the shop displays. I heard cathedral bells dripping down the alleyways as I walked on.

And when you ran to me your cheeks flushed with the night. We walked on frosted fields of juniper and lamplight- I held your hand.

And when I awoke and felt you warm and near I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears. I love you girl. I love you.


--Paul Simon

4 comments:

  1. In case you don't know the song, check here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li0-PXsrRHs

    ...audio isn't great, but it's live video of one of the smoothest tenor voices ever (in a fantastic sweater) with possibly the greatest song-writer of all time, playing the crap out of his 12-string.

    Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering--does she live in Ferney?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look like Art Garfunkel. And this song has no choruse or repeating themes. its A-----Its your life

    ReplyDelete